Thursday, August 15, 2013

Cape of Storms Strikes Again

Because of the rainy weather in the long and wet Vancouver winters, weather reports out of Cape Town often make me homesick for my two years that I spent living there and studying for my Masters in Development Finance. August is one month where this very rarely happens, and often the reverse is true. This week has been no exception, as the winter storms on the Cape have been very fierce indeed.

Here is a picture I came across on my internet news scanning this morning of the recent shipwreck of the Kiani Satu:



I am very hopeful that the quick reactions to clean up the environmental damage are successful and that they are able to prevent significant damage from occurring in the nearby tidal estuary.

Cape Nature Article

No comments:

Post a Comment